This second edition of the Old Orthodox Prayer Book is a handsomely bound and printed, two-color, bi-lingual (Slavonic/English) book, containing the most commonly used prayers of the laity according to the Old Rite of the Russian Orthodox Church. Black hardcover, Small format (approx. 4" x 7"), 389 pages, printed in black and red, Red edges, Ribbon
- Morning and Evening Prayers
- Prayers used during the day
- the main prayers of Vespers and Matins
- the complete texts of the First, Third, Sixth and Ninth Hours
- the Divine Liturgy
- a large selection of Troparia and Kontakia
- a Canon to Our Lord
- the Akathist Hymn with its Canon to the Mother of God
- the Supplicatory Canon to the Mother of God
- two Canons to the Guardian Angel
- a Canon for the Sick
- two Canons for the Departed
- the Canon of Pascha
- the Moleben
- and the Prayers before and after Holy Communion.
An instructional section explains many aspects of the Old Rite piety, including fasting, the sign of the Cross, bows, preparation for Holy Communion, the use of the prayer rope (Lestovka), and many others. A complete Church Calendar and 100-year Paschalion are also included.
New to the second edition is the section containing troparia and kontakia of the Eight Tones, the Triodions, and the major feasts and saints celebrated throughout the year.